NARALI BHAAT / SWEET COCONUT RICE
Kolam Rice - 1 1/2 cup
Ghee / clarified butter - 5 to 6 tbsp
Badam / Almonds (roughly chopped) - 10 to 12 nos
Kaju / Cashewnuts (broken in pieces) - 10 to 12 nos
Elaichi / cardamom - 2 to 3 nos
Lavang / cloves - 5 to 6 nos
Salt a pinch
Gul / jaggery - 1 cup
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Fresh coconut Scraped - 1 1/2 cup
Jaiphal / nutmeg pdr - 1/2 tsp
1. Wash the rice and soak in water for 1 hour. Drain completly.
2. Heat ghee in a thick bottomed pan. Fry the dry fruits and remove when lightly brown in colour.
3. In the same ghee, add the elaichi and lavang. When it starts to sizzle add in the rice.
4. Fry the rice well and pour in 4 cups boiling hot water. Add in salt and mix.
5. Cover and simmer, allow the rice to cook till almost 90 % cooked.
6. Add in the jaggery and sugar and mix it into the rice. Keep mixing till the sugar is dissolved well and moisture is absorbed in the rice.
7. Switch off flame, add in the coconut, fried almonds and cashewnuts. Also add in the jaiphal pdr and mix well.
8. Cover and leave it covered for 10 - 15 min before serving. Garnish with more dry fruits.
Thank you for visiting www.paripoornapaksiddhi.blogspot.in Your comments, suggestions and feedback are extremely valuable. Do leave a note on your queries, questions, suggestions and feedback, it will be highly valued and appreciated. Please visit again.